C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Advice on selling wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 06:29 AM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Advice on selling wheels

I just installed brand new continental tires on my wheels and ended up finding the wheels I was really looking for. So I need to sell my wheels at a minimum. They are china knock off in 17" of c6 chrome wheels.. the fronts are 8.5 and 9.5. Tire size 255/45 and 285/40.

Would I be more likely to sell wheels separate or together..? I could run them on my new wheels but the fronts will be tight.. (10" and 11"). The rear tires will work but the fronts meet bare min requirement for 10" wheel. Im afraid if I try and sell the front tires I will take a bath.

Attached only two photos I have at the moment. What are the wheels worth and where best to advert.. ?

thanks..
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2018, 12:32 PM
thurman_merman
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

In my experience you will get more money selling separately but the tires will take a long time to sell. If you are going to use your old tires only use the 285s and put them on the front 10" wheel. Buy the correct size tires for the rears. If you like the tires I would keep the 285s, sell the 255s as a pair, sell the wheels as a set and buy a new pair of tires for the rear, 315s or somewhere close. That's even if you can get the same tire in a 315. Unless you don't care if the fronts and rears are different of course.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:30 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Sell them together (but list that you will separate) and yes you will take a bath.

Try posting on the forum or Craigslist will be your best bet. Also, list the other model cars that the wheels will fit on to increase your odds.

Last edited by billschroeder5842; 03-23-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Re-installing the Continentals on you new wheels would lessen you loses. Provided it's done by someone who know what they are doing. If the bead is cut you need a tire or rim is scratched its a bad day. I ,myself, would not want chrome plated aluminum wheels, but there are plenty who will. You might get 450 for the wheels but most likely 300ish.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:05 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevova
Re-installing the Continentals on you new wheels would lessen you loses. Provided it's done by someone who know what they are doing. If the bead is cut you need a tire or rim is scratched its a bad day. I ,myself, would not want chrome plated aluminum wheels, but there are plenty who will. You might get 450 for the wheels but most likely 300ish.
Thanks all. Im going to try and sell as a package for a week on CL, if no go I will have them removed and will test fit on new wheels when they come. the 255's technically fit a 10" wheel but I bet I wont like the look. the 285's should look fine on the 11" wheel but they I think are pretty big for a 10" wheel.. but I will see what it looks like.

Conti's I dont think will be available bigger than the 285's but I will look again..

thanks for the advice.. it helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on selling wheels

Quick Reply: Advice on selling wheels