C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

4l60e programming software/hardware

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:22 AM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 4l60e programming software/hardware

I did search.. tried 4l60e in the title and got very little.. so sorry because Im sure this has been covered and I just missed the right search criteria..

I would like to make some minor changes to my transmission shift points. My motor is stock, so dont really want to mess with that as far as I know.

I would like to lock overdrive out until the car hits like 50mph
Id like to perhaps get it to downshift a little more aggressive and lock the converter
lastly, I want to change what appears to be a relationship between how quickly I press the accelerator to how it downshifts..
Id also like to mess with the 2-3 shift and keep it from shifting under part throttle and be more based around rpm/speed.

What software/hardware is available if any for my 96 which is OBDII? I keep reading tunercat? Is there anything more economical since I really dont see messing with my stock motor?

Obviously I can do most of this manually but Im right arm/hand challenged due to motorcycle accident so would be great to program this in.

thanks
Old 03-26-2018, 09:06 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Jet DST Software/interface is the one option that I know of. Tunercat for 96's was sold to Jet

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/jetlicense.html

to buy Tunercat to deal with the 96 you have to purchase additional sort of expensive hardware

the other option is to track down someone that can tune 96's and pay them to update the ecm.

There are lots of tables available for controlling the 4l60E in the Jet Software

Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Yeah, looks like $399 on summit. any cheaper options?

Thanks for the screenshot btw.. they definitely have it covered.

Last edited by barchetta1; 03-26-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:14 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by barchetta1
Yeah, looks like $399 on summit. any cheaper options?

Thanks for the screenshot btw.. they definitely have it covered.
plus a compatible machine (laptop or desktop hauled out to the garage) to run it on when you update the ECM. there was a recent discussion regarding laptops and Jet software in the last couple weeks here on the forum. I have a dedicated Windows XP machine.

only cheaper that I know of is to have someone do it for you. the 96's are the redhead stepchildren of the tunable/programmable corvettes due to being 1st year OBDII, then the next year being LS1.

Last edited by drcook; 03-26-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:19 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drcook
plus a compatible machine (laptop or desktop hauled out to the garage) to run it on when you update the ECM. there was a recent discussion regarding laptops and Jet software in the last couple weeks here on the forum. I have a dedicated Windows XP machine.

only cheaper that I know of is to have someone do it for you. the 96's are the redhead stepchildren of the tunable/programmable corvettes due to being 1st year OBDII, then the next year being LS1.
Funny, thought OBDII was going to make things easier.. miscalculation on my part.

Will live with the shifts for now.. thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 4l60e programming software/hardware

Quick Reply: 4l60e programming software/hardware