C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASR Service light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Woody63
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR Service light

I have a 92 Corvette and when I start it up the Srvice ASR light comes on, as the car warms up it will surge a few times and then smooth out but the Service Engine Soon light comes on. Not sure if these are related or not but they seemed to have started happening about the same time. I have researched the issue and most claimed the wires going to the rear speed sensors may have had the sheilding cut and shorting out, checked this and no issue there. I ran the codes and got 1-C12, 4- H74 & H22, 9-H64. I cleared all codes and checked again and C12 and H64 will not clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:14 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

If you start getting random codes, A/C stop working for a bit or engine stalls 2 seconds after starting intermittently it might indicate ECM problems.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Miguel93
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Woody63
I have a 92 Corvette and when I start it up the Srvice ASR light comes on, as the car warms up it will surge a few times and then smooth out but the Service Engine Soon light comes on. Not sure if these are related or not but they seemed to have started happening about the same time. I have researched the issue and most claimed the wires going to the rear speed sensors may have had the sheilding cut and shorting out, checked this and no issue there. I ran the codes and got 1-C12, 4- H74 & H22, 9-H64. I cleared all codes and checked again and C12 and H64 will not clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have an frequent service ASR light too (1993). Drives me bananas! I see sys flash next to the speedo whenever it comes on while driving. This means a code just got set, but the codes that get set are not related to the traction control (ASR) or ABS. If it stays on after the key-on bulb check, the car won't start so sometimes I have to key off and on repeatedly till it clears just to get it to start. Worried it's the CCM or the PCM. As you say, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Miguel93; 05-22-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Miguel93
I have an frequent service ASR light too (1993). Drives me bananas! I see sys flash next to the speedo whenever it comes on while driving. This means a code just got set, but the codes that get set are not related to the traction control (ASR) or ABS. If it stays on after the key-on bulb check, the car won't start so sometimes I have to key off and on repeatedly till it clears just to get it to start. Worried it's the CCM or the PCM. As you say, any help would be greatly appreciated!
The ECM for 1992 and 1993 are the same and a fairly common problem is they get intermittent internal solder connections. I had similar problems with my '92 and after having my ECM rebuilt I no longer have any issues.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Miguel93
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JimLentz
The ECM for 1992 and 1993 are the same and a fairly common problem is they get intermittent internal solder connections. I had similar problems with my '92 and after having my ECM rebuilt I no longer have any issues.
Thanks~ any recommendations for a rebuilder?
Old 05-31-2018, 07:06 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Miguel93
Thanks~ any recommendations for a rebuilder?
I used SIA Electronics in southern Illinois and it took about a week to get the ECM back. If you send it in to them be sure to remove the MEMCAL first.

http://siaelec.com/

Get notified of new replies

To ASR Service light

Quick Reply: ASR Service light