C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What if I remove the ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Space387
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default What if I remove the ECM?

In looking into my options for building power one screaming detail comes to mind, how to conduct this 8 piece symphony?
There is the stock ECM that I'm sure has it's benefits and limitations, and a plethora of aftermarket systems. I personally have a preference for megasquirt as I have been using it on various other projects with great success for nearly a decade. ( And I have a "spare" unit laying in my storage bin)

My actual question is I see 2 serial cables that link the ECM and CCM, on a 1990 car do we know what that data actually is and how does the CCM react if the communications are terminated?

At this point I am fairly sure I can keep all the gauges working except the fuel range/ mileage. All the others can be done on the MS board or with an expansion if I am reading correctly. The second part of this is more a hypothetical, how much would the system loose it if I removed the LCD display for a LED display ran by megasquirt. I know there will have to be something done to carry over the odometer and that I am fairly sure can be worked out.

Quick Reply: What if I remove the ECM?