C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Emergency Break Handle Removal- Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Ruger72
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Emergency Break Handle Removal- Help

Hey Guys, I have an 89 and my emergency break handle has a lot of movement/play in the handle. I have purchased another E-Brake handle for it and want to put it in. I have pulled my seat out and have been searching for how to remove the handle. I know that there are the star bolts holding it in. But I can not figure out how to release/loosen the cable. Secondly, will I need to worry about any adjustment on the rear breaks when I swap the handle out? I am thinking I will not. I believe it is self adjusting. Any help/direction would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 AM
BillDurant
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Handle try the YouTube Video below

Originally Posted by Ruger72
Hey Guys, I have an 89 and my emergency break handle has a lot of movement/play in the handle. I have purchased another E-Brake handle for it and want to put it in. I have pulled my seat out and have been searching for how to remove the handle. I know that there are the star bolts holding it in. But I can not figure out how to release/loosen the cable. Secondly, will I need to worry about any adjustment on the rear breaks when I swap the handle out? I am thinking I will not. I believe it is self adjusting. Any help/direction would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Ruger72
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BillDurant
Great video. Thank you. Will I need to worry about any adjustment needed or if my rear breaks are going to change adjustment when I undo the cable and change out the E-Brake? I am thinking not. If my thinking is correct, I am just going to re-attach the cable to the new E-brake handle and it is spring loaded and will go right back to the same position and will not change anything else.

Get notified of new replies

To Emergency Break Handle Removal- Help

Quick Reply: Emergency Break Handle Removal- Help