C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

sirius xm antenna

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:26 PM
rgauchey
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default sirius xm antenna

What have people found to be the best 'concealed' location for Sirius xm antenna. I don't like looking at it on my dash.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:53 PM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by rgauchey
What have people found to be the best 'concealed' location for Sirius xm antenna. I don't like looking at it on my dash.

Pretty sure if you conceal it too much, it's not going to work to well.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:01 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

I have seen people run the wire up around the B Piller Halo and use a dab of clear RTV to glue the Antenna to the hatch glass one side of the painted section or if paint isn't an issue with you right on the panal.

Test this out just a thought if the Antenna will work upside down glue on the inside up high on the Hatch Glass

Last edited by s carter; 07-30-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:21 AM
rgauchey
Pro

Originally Posted by s carter
I have seen people run the wire up around the B Piller Halo and use a dab of clear RTV to glue the Antenna to the hatch glass one side of the painted section or if paint isn't an issue with you right on the panal.

Test this out just a thought if the Antenna will work upside down glue on the inside up high on the Hatch Glass
I have a convertible and have run it up the A-pillar and mounted it behind the mirror. Lousy reception so set it back on the dash.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:42 AM
Dredgeguy
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

Put mine under the rear latch for the roof storage. Been there 3 years and no issues with reception. Hidden and out of the way with everything out of sight.
The following users liked this post:
rgauchey (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 11:34 AM
rgauchey
Pro

This is where my SXM and Navigation antenna's live right now.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:35 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,104 Likes on 876 Posts

I would go talk to a professional installation guy at a local radio shop. Those guys are frequently wizards at their job. They know tricks that I don't because while I watched, the tech did five hours of my "work" in less than 45 minutes. I saw an older minivan suddenly have this new integrated system with screen installed in dash with modern day navigation systems, Apple Play and all the other cool gadgets.

I would imagine they know every trick there is to hiding that which does not please the person holding the cash. Give them a chance, they might impress you. The "Installation Technicians" at my local Best buy are magicians in their work, they made all the wires invisible by hiding them and the workmanship was very impressive. A little antenna like that one should be a breeze for one of them!

Good luck at finding the optimum, but least visible location to mount the antenna!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:01 PM
The Green Hornet
Melting Slicks

Location: Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer. Wisconsin
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

When I had one in my car I stuck the magnetic antenna on the metal bracket inboard of the surge tank and it worked out fine. there is a bundle of wires by the battery that enter the cowl under the dash where you can fish the other end in.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I have mine on top of the gas tank under quarter panel and it works minty
Old 08-08-2018, 07:31 PM
rrt898
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a 86 and put it under the dash below the defroster vent. I didn't want to look at it either. It works perfectly for three years.

Good Luck
Old 08-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Keith Huffstutler
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since I don't have the electronic A/C controls in my '92, I hid mine under the center vent where the thermostat would go if it had that system. Much like rgauchey's, but underneath. Easy to route by removing the glove compartment interior.

Keith

Get notified of new replies

To sirius xm antenna

Quick Reply: sirius xm antenna