C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replaced ECM, no start. Install procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:52 AM
jsgun
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced ECM, no start. Install procedure?

On my 92 LT1, I replaced the ECM with a rebuilt part. Car cranks, but no start. Started with the old ECM. Same eprom. Is there a procedure I need to follow to get the ECM to work with VATS, BCM, ect?

Haven't checked spark ect yet, Just checking to see if there's something else I need to do with the ECM.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:27 PM
jsgun
Heel & Toe

Anyone had any experience with this? It was running until I replaced the ECM. Even putting the old one back, it won't start. No spark. I just need to get this POS running long enough to sell it and get it out of my life.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:48 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

I guess we'll assume the PROM is seated in the ECM - have you checked maybe the ECM fuse and having the 4 - ECM connectors undone a couple times have you bent a pin or two OR maybe busted a wire?
Old 08-19-2018, 04:15 PM
jsgun
Heel & Toe

Yep, checked all those. Got it figured out I think. Found the entry in the FSM for it. That book reads like stereo instructions. I followed it for testing the opti, and this time it failed it. It didn't before with the old computer. Something about sitting for a month finally took out the opti I guess. This is my first computer controlled car, and to be honest i'm not that impressed.

I'm from Charleston WV myself. Moved to CA 16 yrs ago.

Get notified of new replies

To Replaced ECM, no start. Install procedure?

Quick Reply: Replaced ECM, no start. Install procedure?