C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Which Edelbrock High Flo Runner Gaskets/ Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:13 PM
tuneportbeast
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Which Edelbrock High Flo Runner Gaskets/ Bolts

I am installing an edelbrock high flo base and runners on my 85. I believe this is the 3860. Are there only two types of the edelbrock base, 3860 and 3861? I know that 3860 is for centerbolt valve covers and 3861 is for perimeter style valve covers. I need new gaskets for it and I am seeing an edelbrock 3866 gasket number for sale everywhere. Is there a 3866 base or is that just the part number for the gaskets for the 3860/3861? It came off of an 87 Camaro but either way it will work with my 85 perimeter bolt valve covers even though it has been cut to allow centerbolts since it's the 3860. What gaskets do I need? I already have the manifold to head gaskets, I picked up at advance today, so I'm only concerned about the upper and lower runner gaskets. Also, it came with a bunch of mismatched crappy looking bolts holding it together if not missing. Will stock torx runner bolts work with the edelbrock runners or the SS runner bolts that are on Ebay? Also, will the stock torx bolts work that bolt the manifold to the heads on the edelbrock? Thanks!

Last edited by tuneportbeast; 09-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:44 PM
xrav22
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

https://static.summitracing.com/glob...s/edl-3860.pdf

I replaced all of my tpi bolts with allen head because I was having problems tightening the torx properly
Good Luck
Old 09-06-2018, 05:46 PM
tuneportbeast
Drifting

Thanks for that info. The only edelbrock runner gasket sets that I'm seeing only include the lower ports where they enter the intake manifold. I might have to call edelbrock on this one cause that's all I'm seeing. I would prefer to get the top ones too where they meet the plenum and just have a whole kit. I'm trying to not just buy stock ones and cut them to fit, which I may end up doing. If anyone has had any experience with this please chime in. Thanks
Old 09-09-2018, 08:23 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by tuneportbeast
Thanks for that info. The only edelbrock runner gasket sets that I'm seeing only include the lower ports where they enter the intake manifold. I might have to call edelbrock on this one cause that's all I'm seeing. I would prefer to get the top ones too where they meet the plenum and just have a whole kit. I'm trying to not just buy stock ones and cut them to fit, which I may end up doing. If anyone has had any experience with this please chime in. Thanks
Go to (tpis.com) , then go to Corvette on the right side of the page, they have full sets of gaskets for both the stock runners, and the larger high flow runners like you have.. I use their large set on my Accel runners which are the same size as your Edelbrock runners..
The stock bolts to attach the intake manifold to the heads will work with the Edelbrock manifold ( 1 1/8" long) , but the stock runner bolts will most likely be to short in some of the holes. I have the Edelbrock #3860 intake and the Accel high flow runners on my 383 motor, the runners are thicker at the flanges then stock ,so stock bolts won't work....WW

Last edited by WW7; 09-09-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:49 AM
tuneportbeast
Drifting

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Which Edelbrock High Flo Runner Gaskets/ Bolts

Quick Reply: Which Edelbrock High Flo Runner Gaskets/ Bolts