C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 Serive Eng, soon light

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 02:10 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 291 Likes on 224 Posts

Default 93 Serive Eng, soon light

My 93 ( service Eng. soon ) light comes on as soon as the Motor changes over from ideal to run mode. I have changed the EVAP. solenoid all the trans pressure switches still no change .. Anybody know what happens when it changes over from ideal to run .. Maybe I can narrow it down from there . Thanks ..
Old 09-17-2018, 02:29 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502
My 93 ( service Eng. soon ) light comes on as soon as the Motor changes over from ideal to run mode. I have changed the EVAP. solenoid all the trans pressure switches still no change .. Anybody know what happens when it changes over from ideal to run .. Maybe I can narrow it down from there . Thanks ..
Check for codes as shown here.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:12 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JimLentz
Check for codes as shown here.
Thanks but I am past that point and have changed the stuff the codes show that is wrong and still have the codes witch is 26 .. My question is ,OK the light is off till the motor changes over from ideal to run them the light pops on ,what changes when the motor changes over for ideal the run .. I am trying to narrow the problem down .. Thanks ..
Old 09-17-2018, 04:35 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502
Thanks but I am past that point and have changed the stuff the codes show that is wrong and still have the codes witch is 26 .. My question is ,OK the light is off till the motor changes over from ideal to run them the light pops on ,what changes when the motor changes over for ideal the run .. I am trying to narrow the problem down .. Thanks ..
Not sure what you mean from idle to run? Once engine warms up a bit the system goes into closed loop where it uses the O2 sensors to adjust the fuel/air mixture.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:51 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JimLentz
Not sure what you mean from idle to run? Once engine warms up a bit the system goes into closed loop where it uses the O2 sensors to adjust the fuel/air mixture.
Yes and the idle valve closes Ok . It may take the system that long to run a check then pop the light comes on . After changing EVAP. solenoid. and a few other things the light stopped coming on as soon as the eng, was turned on now it comes on as soon as the idle valve closes and it goes into the run mode witch is a closed loop deal .. I called the Corvette Doc. shop in Houston said it may be the EVAP. system leek and good luck finding it need a smoke machine and it might even be the gas cap sometimes a new cap will do the job.. I'll just have to keep digging .. thanks ..
Old 09-25-2018, 12:34 PM
mixalive
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Its easy to make a smoke tool to test for vacuum leaks with a quart can, aquarium pump, tubing and a cigar. Search up on utoob.
https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...9787&p=3669787

Last edited by mixalive; 09-25-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:48 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mixalive
Its easy to make a smoke tool to test for vacuum leaks with a quart can, aquarium pump, tubing and a cigar. Search up on utoob.
https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...9787&p=3669787
Thanks for the info . I found charcoal bits in the purge ling coming from the canister so I am going to say that the canister has gone bad like the rest 25 years old .. The canister come today so going to blow out all the lines and check the ends for cracks ET. and them make a smoke machine for good measure .. Thanks ..

Get notified of new replies

To 93 Serive Eng, soon light

Quick Reply: 93 Serive Eng, soon light