C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Troubleshooting 90 l98

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 10:38 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by rbates74
A tune is definitely needed. I have always planned and still will if i can, do several datta logging sesions and use the info to improve the mail order tune.
its a lot cheaper than a dyno tune, and gets you a lot closer than the guess a tune approach.
Assuming that the tuner does that, sure. Otherwise you are wasting your time and dumping fuel into an engine for nothing. I would get their first guess and then datalog and fine tune it. That is assuming that is how they do it other than asking "How is it?" and you replying "It feels fine.". I would first find the tuners and narrow it down to "Who will do datalog tunes.". BTW, this is the skeptic in me but how do I know you are doing what you said and not tossing the datalogs aside and saying "No change. Be happy."? I'd make sure it is a reputable guy with others who KNOW that he has done retuning from feedback.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:07 AM
rbates74
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You have to be able to burn your own chip. You send them your data log and they send you a file for your chip.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:05 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by aklim
How would you do that? Doesn't it have a "key" to prevent this? That is, unless you force the thing in.
its pretty easy to put it in backwards. The difference is minimal from one way or the other, but the pins will fit either way. If youre not paying close attention you can put it in backwards.

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting 90 l98