Optispark help - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Optispark help

Old 11-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Juanyae

Default Optispark help

Did some work on my 93 and had to replace the optispark I'm pretty sure I read that you can just remove it without the #1 being up. I need a for sure answer before I put this thing back together because I don't want to screw myself. Can someone please give me a for sure answer please?
Old 11-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Whaleman
CF Senior Member

It does not matter where the engine is. It will only go in one way. Do not force. If correct it will require zero force to sit flush at the three bolt flanges. Dan
Old 11-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Juanyae

[QUOTE=Whaleman;1598272257]It does not matter where the engine is. It will only go in one way. Do not force. If correct it will require zero force to sit flush at the three bolt flanges. Dan
Old 11-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Juanyae

Thanks Dan I really appreciate your time and help. That's one less thing for me to worry about. Again thank you eventually when I get to it I will let you know how it goes
Old 11-04-2018, 06:10 PM
SJW
CF Senior Member

After you get the distributor installed and all of the wires connected to it, fire up the engine for a few seconds to verify a smooth idle before you re-install everything else. If something's not right, now's the time to find out. Running for a few seconds without coolant won't hurt the engine.

Live well,

SJW
Old 11-05-2018, 12:22 PM
95LT1ZF

Originally Posted by SJW View Post
After you get the distributor installed and all of the wires connected to it, fire up the engine for a few seconds to verify a smooth idle before you re-install everything else. If something's not right, now's the time to find out. Running for a few seconds without coolant won't hurt the engine.

Live well,

SJW
I just replaced my opti and this saved me a lot of time. Found a slight issue on the initial start-up and I was able to fix it without having to pull the water pump back off.

Last edited by 95LT1ZF; 11-05-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: