C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 09:56 AM
gmarsha2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Modifications

I have had my 92 LT1 convertible for 3 years and have made no changes other then enjoy the drive. When i received the car from a dealership it had a box with a set of used rocker arms from COMP CAMS PT #1417-16. I looked them up on line and I see that they can be used on my engine. I am assuming that they have been changed. I have not been in touch with the previous owner therefore can not confirm. In addition the only other visible change is the muffler system which is now a Magnaflow Performance system. I had to add the catalytic to the system in order to pass the emission tests for licencing. My question to any one that has done either of the above changes, did you notice any changes and if so what were they? The car runs well and I am enjoying the experience..

Thanks
92 Polo Green II Metallic Green with white Interior
Old 11-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

1.6 rocker arm will add a little oomph. You will need to besure valve covers don't contact rockers. Typically drippers would need to be removed. You would need to cut them off with a " dremel "or similar. Since you have the rockers they are worth installing if they are in good condition. They need to be self aligning. If not you will need additional parts, to install them. Non aligning require hardened guide plates and push rods.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:23 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Those are roller tipped only, not worth your time IMO. If you are doing the swap go with full rollers, most of the friction is in the fulcrum not the tip. You can see what you have now by opening up the oil fill and looking in with a flashlight. I wonder if the old owner went from roller tip to full rollers already. If you go full 1.6's then you need to change the springs. You can safely go 1.6 intake and 1.5 exhaust on the stock springs.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:58 AM
gmarsha2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input.......since everything is running well, I will not be making any changes to what I have now. I have it put away for the winter but will take a look in the spring as to what I can see thru the valve covers. I was just curious as to what difference the rocker arms might make if indeed they had been installed by the previous owner.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:59 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Keep it stock1 If it is running! My point is if it is not broke do not fix it.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:06 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You wont notice any difference going full roller. Adds weight, too.
Only reason to put them on is if you need a stiff spring/high lift cam.
Theres theoretical gains and ones you can feel. Only your wallet will feel the rollers if the motor is stock.

Switched to full rollers from stock on my last LT1 with the 140 off road cam noticed 0 difference, even hammering the crap out of it.

Last edited by cv67; 11-13-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 92 Modifications

Quick Reply: 92 Modifications