C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C/D service manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 08:39 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Default C/D service manual

Anybody use a C-4 C/D service manual . I need a manual and I see the CDs on the internet for sale just wondering if that are user friendly ..
Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

There may be several manuals available.

I have the Bishko manual for my '96 from Rock Auto for about $20 or $25 (a lot cheaper than the printed manual). It is a pdf file that contains a scan of every page of the printed factory service manual. So it is a complete good manual.

It is also pretty easy to use and is searchable. The drawback is that you have to use a computer to access it. However, if you want that also means you can print the pages you are working with, or extract certain pages to an image file.

Overall, it is a very good tool to have. I have both the printed and the CD versions. I use both.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:21 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I would suggest that if you do get an electronic copy to back it up to an SD card or other device that you can recover it from in case of computer/hard disk error/failure.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:29 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by QCVette
There may be several manuals available.

I have the Bishko manual for my '96 from Rock Auto for about $20 or $25 (a lot cheaper than the printed manual). It is a pdf file that contains a scan of every page of the printed factory service manual. So it is a complete good manual.

It is also pretty easy to use and is searchable. The drawback is that you have to use a computer to access it. However, if you want that also means you can print the pages you are working with, or extract certain pages to an image file.

Overall, it is a very good tool to have. I have both the printed and the CD versions. I use both.
Thanks for the info I'll do both back it up and check out he Rock auto people . sounds like what I need .. .. I said I would never buy another C-4 or marry another redhead ,did both . I got to stop drinking . LOL..
Old 11-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 787 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by drcook
I would suggest that if you do get an electronic copy to back it up to an SD card or other device that you can recover it from in case of computer/hard disk error/failure.
I am confused. I have the CD manual. If I lose my hard drive I still have the CD. Is your advice for people who borrow one and download and hand the CD back?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:51 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Yes can I borrow yours .LOL
Old 11-07-2018, 10:23 AM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,102 Likes on 874 Posts

There is currently a hard copy for sale on the C4 parts for sale site. I would never use anything but the factory service manuals on a Corvette. I have two copies of each year Corvette we own, one stays "clean" in the house and the other is "used" in the garage.

A couple months ago we bought a new Camaro for my 19 y/o daughter to use for College. They wanted over $450 for the Helms Factory Service manuals for the Camaro, I was shocked at the price so I went to EBAY and ordered a CD copy for $18.

The electronic version (that I bought) is very easy to use and organized well. I made a pair of copies of the disc and then installed a copy on a Thumb drive and put it in the car with a OBD2 code reader. This way my daughter can use it when she needs it and when Dad needs one he has a copy as well.
She is probably the only Young woman who "knows her car" at her engineering school. A pretty blond with the Bright Yellow Camaro would seem like a target, so we turned her into a car geek instead. Having the tools she needs to diagnose her car's condition should save her from being ripped off.

I wish you the very best!
Old 11-07-2018, 10:59 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Thanks , I'll find one that will suit my needs .. The manuals are great but I have found out over the years need to have a little experience to go along with the manual to get the most out of them .. I think the guy that wrote the IKEA manual may have helped with some of them .. Slot A into what ? LOL..
Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Perished a CD from Rock Auto and fixed a problem been having for month using a C/D ,thanks for the info ..

Get notified of new replies

To C/D service manual

Quick Reply: C/D service manual