C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Does this sound like a bad ecm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Waterloo the man
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound like a bad ecm?

I just bought this car. Using fsm I chased it down to either an open circuit or a faulty ecm. Originally I was getting no power to either injector. After cycling the black connector on the ecm, which had a broken lock tab on it, evidence somebody was playing around in there before, injector two began pulsing properly. Holding the black ecm connection and having somebody turn the key made the dash lights come on properly and the car fired up immediately and began accelerating. Test light shows continuous power to injector two and no power to injector. I'm pretty sure injector one is bad as it just dribbles fuel. Do you guys think this sounds like a bad ecm or should I spend some time trying to find an open circuit?
Old 11-15-2018, 04:51 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Doesn't sound like a bad ecm to me.
It sounds more like some jerkwaggon was in there trying to jamb a test light probe into the female side of the connectors, and has now ruined some of the terminals. But, your post isn't really coherent, and you included zero information about the car. Not even the model year.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:03 AM
Waterloo the man
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry English is not my first language. Its a 1984 that's been very neglected
Old 11-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

It sounds like connector terminals may be damaged causing part or all your troubles. The injectors are powered by individual fuses. The ecm pulses the ground circuit. I would either disassemble connector(s) and repair/ replace terminals or replace connector(s). Downside of replacement connectors is they use all white wires. Noid or injector test light can be helpful.

Get notified of new replies

To Does this sound like a bad ecm?

Quick Reply: Does this sound like a bad ecm?