C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Accessing Shifter Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Boggedust
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Accessing Shifter Box

So while completing my exhaust, I decided to move on and attempt to glue a rubber piece back onto the roof. In doing so, put the bolts that attach the roof into the cup holder. Through horrible luck, the bolt managed to lodge between the cup holders, then through the slot, into the gearbox of the shifter and all the way down the pan. I'm somewhat certain this has managed to impede my shifter. Question is, does anyone possibly have a trick to access the pan of the shifter? I put a magnet down there several times without success. I know the bolt is in the shifter pan, but can not see it. I would rather not take apart the 4+3 shifter.

I know this is a dumb question, but I'm very desperate.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:05 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Been Their Done That, Since it sounds like you have already removed the Black Shifter Console top cover and failed. odds are and was common with the 4+3 for things dropped would make it all the way down to the floor, sometimes you can get lucky and retrieve the part by lift up the carpet that covers the Transmission Hump down by the floor and give a Tug and the part will fall to the floor if not you may need to Loosen the Side cover itself and possibly just about remove it.

Quick Reply: Accessing Shifter Box