C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Bleeding slave clutch cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Nulagreg62
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding slave clutch cylinder

Trying to find out more about the procedure to bleed the slave clutch cylinder.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:19 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,104 Likes on 876 Posts

Welcome to the Corvette Forum!

I have only bled the one in my wife's GM pick-up truck and that one was a challenge to say the very least. I use a Phoenix Systems Brake Bleeder which makes it very simple as you push the fluid in from below and it pushes the air out of the system. It makes bleeding brakes and clutches no big thing.

I apologize for not being able to tell you how to do it. Do you have the Factory Service Manuals for your car yet? If not get them right away as they are incredibly valuable when doing anything to the car yourself.

Good Luck! You are in the right place to find the answers you need!
Old 11-27-2018, 02:28 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 872 Posts

84-88 or 89-96?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:40 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

First rule of posting, What year is your car, and any Modifications that may have been done. Now if you have an Older car with the DN 4+3 the bleeder points mostly up you can just crack the bleeder vent out most of the air by itself, then get a friend to step on the clutch and push out the last.

The ZF Six speed has the bleeder on the bottom so you need to let the bleeder hang by the Hose, Gravity Bleed then have a Friend Lightly push the air out while you crack the bleeder. Once you have pushed out the air reinstall the Slave. when you put it back in any remaining air will be pushed out. top off master and recheck later in the day or tomorrow and you should be good to go.

If your master has gone dry and you didn't catch it all is not lost just top off if not too dry it will self Prime. then you need to find Why did it go dry.

Last edited by s carter; 11-27-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Bleeding slave clutch cylinder

Quick Reply: Bleeding slave clutch cylinder