C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Radiator Fan Switch

Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Ved

Default Radiator Fan Switch

Hi Guys,

My radiator fan switches on at around 185 Degrees Fahrenheit, which means that it is basically working constantly. The switch is an AC Delco D1852B - the switch is new, as the the coolant temperature sensor and the thermostat. I believe that the radiator fan is meant to switch on at higher temperatures (~210 or more Degrees Fahrenheit). Does anyone know how I could correct the issue so that the fan switches on the at temperatures that it should. Is this a switch issue, or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ved
Old 01-15-2019, 07:23 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,007 Times in 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Ved View Post
Hi Guys,

My radiator fan switches on at around 185 Degrees Fahrenheit, which means that it is basically working constantly. The switch is an AC Delco D1852B - the switch is new, as the the coolant temperature sensor and the thermostat. I believe that the radiator fan is meant to switch on at higher temperatures (~210 or more Degrees Fahrenheit). Does anyone know how I could correct the issue so that the fan switches on the at temperatures that it should. Is this a switch issue, or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ved

How have you arrived at what you believe the temperature? What year? For most years that switch is used for the AUX FAN or maybe to 'over-ride' a primary fan for other years. Year and how wired dictates how that switch is used!
Old 01-16-2019, 01:29 AM
Hot Rod Roy
CF Senior Member

I have that same CTS in my '84, and it cycles my radiator fan on and off just fine. I haven't tested the on-off temps of my sensor with an accurate thermometer, but the specs I've been able to find list the on-off temps at 215 on and 200 off. All specs have a +/- tolerance, but your reading seems a long way off those numbers. As WVZR-1 asked,"how did you determine your numbers?"

Old 01-16-2019, 01:44 AM
JoBy
CF Senior Member

A/C pressure switch will also start the cooling fan.

This is for 1984:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radiator Fan Switch

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: