C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Akebono ultra premium ceramic brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 11:05 AM
pkrbkr13
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Akebono ultra premium ceramic brake pads

Has anyone used the Akebono ceramic brake pads on a C4?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:56 PM
novaks47
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

I've used them, but not on the C4. The previous owner of my Saab 9-3 had them on, and in summary : glad I didn't spend money on them. They had poor feel, almost like they were made of wood. Poor performance as well. I put some cheap Posi-quiet pads on that car, and they worked 10X better at less then half the cost.

On the front of my C4, I went with the Carbotech AX6 pads. If you like clean wheels, these are not the pads to get. I personally favor performance, and don't care about brake dust or quiet operation of the pads. These pads are the best I've ever had! Took a lot to bed them in, but in the end it was worth it. Very progressive feel, and I can even get the front to lock up before the ABS catches up, lol. Yeah, they make noise and dust like mad, but it is more of a track/auto-x focused pad, so it's to be expected. The next one down in their line-up is more for street, and I'll bet those things rock as well. Hawks are also a good choice for these cars, many here use them.

Last edited by novaks47; 01-18-2019 at 12:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pkrbkr13 (01-18-2019)

Quick Reply: Akebono ultra premium ceramic brake pads