C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Auxiliary Fuse Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 03:34 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts
Default Auxiliary Fuse Blocks

I need to access the auxiliary fuses boxes in my 91 and looking for input on the easiest way there without taking unnecessary steps. Searched for a YouTube vid, but have struck out so far. I just don't want to pull way more apart then needed.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:50 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,263 Likes on 2,026 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteRules
I need to access the auxiliary fuses boxes in my 91 and looking for input on the easiest way there without taking unnecessary steps. Searched for a YouTube vid, but have struck out so far. I just don't want to pull way more apart then needed.
Search You Tube for 'removal of Bose CDM'

In FSM see 8A-201-14

You need the AUX BOX why?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 01-19-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:32 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Search You Tube for 'removal of Bose CDM'

In FSM see 8A-201-14

You need the AUX BOX why?
Power door locks are not working so need to check the fuse.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:43 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

--UPDATE---

So I was able to access the auxiliary fuse blocks in passenger side dash and the power door lock fuse was ok. This brings me to the question if there is a fusible link that is tied to the door locks? The locks were working, but now the switch on both doors do nothing. The good thing is in accessing the auxiliary blocks I have found the probable cause of the rattling that was coming from that side based on all the loose wiring and connectors that previous (owner(s)) must of played around with and didn't re-secure.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:10 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

While I'm not very experienced in reading the electrical diagrams in the FSM electrical book to me it appears the power door lock switch is powered via the 15 amp fuse in auxiliary fuse block #1, but before that it runs through the 30 amp power accessory circuit breaker in the main fuse panel. That circuit breaker also feeds the power seats according to the diagram and in my case the seats are also not working.

Question is since that breaker should reset if tripped how should I test it to see if it is bad? If I'm totally going in the wrong direction please feel free to set me straight.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:13 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

So this weekend when I have time to work on car some more can I assume that if I test breaker and it shows continuity between the tabs it is still good?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:24 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,263 Likes on 2,026 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteRules
So this weekend when I have time to work on car some more can I assume that if I test breaker and it shows continuity between the tabs it is still good?
You've a few issues with this car so I think it maybe appropriate to 'catch a breath'.!!

You've issues with a scanner that seems odd maybe also. I believe you confirm power to the 'BREAKER' first!! Your 'scanner issue' - Is the scanner a new purchase or maybe used? I believe you use the manual for the scanner and to confirm scanner operation you take it to a 'similar' OBD1 car to confirm operation. You've been somewhat 'vague' in this and also your other thread.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:16 PM
CorvetteRules
Drifting

The scanner is new and I do plan to see if it has any issues on my OBD2 vehicles since the Corvette is the only OBD1 I have. If it works on the OBD2's I plan to call the maker to get any wisdom they can provide for me.
The power door and power seat problem was something I've been working on prior to buying the scanner. Since both the seats and the doors were working originally I checked the power lock fuse and since that was fine I researched in the FSM and it appears that power for both items comes through the 30 amp accessary breaker in the main fuse block. You are correct I should first check for power at the breaker. If it shows power at that point is checking to ensure the breaker has continuity show if breaker is good or bad?

Get notified of new replies

To Auxiliary Fuse Blocks

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse Blocks