Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Keyed LT1 crank hubs and optispark removal

Old 03-10-2019, 05:52 PM
anesthes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Keyed LT1 crank hubs and optispark removal

Those of you who have used Pioneer 872015 and others. They are round. Can you still get the optispark out if needed? On the stock Y crank hub you would rotate the engine so you can wiggle the opti out.

-- Joe
Old 03-11-2019, 07:27 AM
TorchTarga94
CF Senior Member

Yes you can, I have a round billet hub and can still get the opti on and off without pulling the hub.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:58 AM
anesthes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94 View Post
Yes you can, I have a round billet hub and can still get the opti on and off without pulling the hub.
Awesome! I'm not planning for a optispark replacement any time soon, especially since I did the electric water pump conversion, but who knows. Getting the hub off with the motor in the car would be a nightmare.

I really wish I could Megasquirt this thing without losing dash functionality / CCM comms, cuz I'd swap the opti for a 1x cam sensor.

-- Joe

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: