C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 09:11 PM
94Controller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior Lights

The lights on my rear view mirror will not light up when the door is opened. The lights behind the seat work fine. If I turn the car on and flick the mirror switch to the on position, the lights on the mirror will come on (of course, then they stay on). They just won't turn on when the door is open. Having a black interior, that makes it tuff to see what I'm doing...anyone have an idea what the problem is?
Old 11-02-2002, 09:28 PM
REW89
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interior Lights (94Controller)

Mine (89) have been the same way. Only my back cargo and front foot well lights, and door lights, illuminate when I open the door. The interior lights only work when the ingnition in on.

I assumed that is the way it is supposed to be. I will check my owners manual.

Bob White
Old 11-02-2002, 09:42 PM
94Controller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Interior Lights (REW89)

I don't think they're supposed to be that way. I know mine use to light when the door opened because I use to be able to see what I was doing at night :yesnod:
Old 11-04-2002, 06:04 PM
REW89
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interior Lights (94Controller)

I checked my owners manual (89 Convertible) and it gives me the impression that the lights on the rear view mirror (map lights) are only supposed to be activated by the manual switch on the bottom of the mirror. They are not supposed to open automatically when the door is open.

As on my 89, the lights that are supposed to illuminate when the door is opened are the lights in footweels, lights in the back cargo area, the lights on the interior door panels (right ab ove the handle).

Bob
Old 11-05-2002, 02:16 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Interior Lights (REW89)

Okay, having a '94 also, I just ran downstairs and checked mine out for ya. :D If I open the door, all the lights come on, hatch lights, door lights, under dash lights, AND THE MIRROR LIGHTS. The mirror light switch is only active if the key is in the on position. You can also get all the lights to come on with the light dimmer switch on the dash. Try that first. If you can get all of them on with that switch, then I'd say it might have something to do with the door(s) switch(es). If that doesn't work, since your close, maybe you could stop by and look over the my service manuals (if you don't have them) and figure it out. Shoot me an e-mail or IM if you need too.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Lights

Quick Reply: Interior Lights