C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 oweners help with vacuum routes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:42 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,447 Posts

Originally Posted by xrav22
If you can take the pic further away we can blow it up still, anyway that is incorrect. That vacume should have a small
check valve connected, then the heater controls which come out from behind the dizzy and a seperate line should go over to a tee for cruise and the ball. As in the pic I posted earlier. I dont think a hard line went to the cruise side, only the heater controls came from the abiss.
Right now you will be stuck on defrost I believe. You will need the 5 dollar check valve to split the heater and cruise lines.
^ this!!!
Old 03-26-2019, 03:05 PM
85vegasvette
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

when i get home im gonna play around, found the 2 vacum lines coming from the cruise one to a T which is up and goes to the canister, the other ducks under the master cylnder and then i lost track of it, gonna dedicate some time and more lighting, lol, id like to slap the designer who used plastic...lmao, nut i do appreciate all the input
Old 03-30-2019, 08:59 PM
85vegasvette
Racer

If everything's back started it up the fan was on when I started it and it had a little bit of roughness but smooths out Nash and it eventually shut off and kicked on when needed idles a little high but I think the TPS got knocked around when I move the plenum while it was off one thing I'm concerned about it's the front of the throttle body the bottom driver side there's a tube metal nipple she gets seal does not get sealed I've seen pictures with both any input thanks guys again thank you
Old 03-30-2019, 10:02 PM
85vegasvette
Racer

Okay II update try to start it it cranks almost starts and that's it last time a couple hours ago it started right up now nothing time for a beer and input greatly appreciate it thank you
Old 03-30-2019, 10:08 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

are you sure distributor isnt 1 tooth off when u restabbed it.

also could you try again with description. couldnt understand u.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:30 AM
85vegasvette
Racer

Sorry, yeah I didn't touch the distributor at, gonna see if it needs fuel, gonna throw a gallon in and see, but it was weird ran great , pulled in garage, sat for 15, started no sweat then couple hours .nada..oh well tomorrow
Old 03-31-2019, 09:25 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

did u repair the vac lines correctly?
Old 03-31-2019, 10:07 AM
85vegasvette
Racer

Followed the diagram ..and it's started dran good , then after awhile cranks strong but nothing, and this is the nipple I'm talking aboit
Old 03-31-2019, 11:07 AM
85vegasvette
Racer

Okay started right up this morning barley cranked, but my fan was on immediately and still have that high idle, let it run for about 1/2 he still idle high, gonna wait and see if she starts, really scratching in the fan coming on straight away
Old 03-31-2019, 11:16 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

did u leave the paperclip in the aldl port
Old 03-31-2019, 11:26 AM
85vegasvette
Racer

No didn't use paperclip I have the actual code reader
Old 03-31-2019, 12:00 PM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 85vegasvette
Okay started right up this morning barley cranked, but my fan was on immediately and still have that high idle, let it run for about 1/2 he still idle high, gonna wait and see if she starts, really scratching in the fan coming on straight away
My experience is when the cooling fans start-up on key ON is ECM no see chip !
Old 03-31-2019, 02:57 PM
catso
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Seems like it's "Vacuum Line Season" again in Vette-world. After looking at most of mine I have decided to replace most of them with bright green silicone rubber; it may look goofy, but at least I can see where they are and whether or not they're still connected properly. Now I need to figure out where is the best place to permanently connect a vacuum guage under the hood.I remember years back when lots of guys had an aftermarket guage under the dash for monitoring "fuel economy" (like you really needed it when gas was 28 cents a gallon...).
Old 04-02-2019, 11:04 PM
85vegasvette
Racer

Okay I got the new coolant sensor connector has two wires like they all do I went to splice it mine has two black wires to one terminal and one pink wire so I splice them put the two black wires together to what I believe was the ground side and the pink wire to the hot side started it fan kicked on right away high idle I figure maybe I had two lines reversed took it apart Reese placed back to the other way now it won't start I'm going to try this weekend if I can't get it started anybody in Vegas want to take this off my hands I'm taking offers if I don't get it done by this weekend I'm done with this car interior is immaculate I have two tops extra radiator couple little parts box for other stuff I'm done I just can't deal with it anymore
Old 04-03-2019, 11:51 AM
catso
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't give up over a minor wiring problem, just take a break. Lots of frustrations in older cars, particularly wiring and electric connections.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:21 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 85vegasvette
Okay I got the new coolant sensor connector has two wires like they all do I went to splice it mine has two black wires to one terminal and one pink wire so I splice them put the two black wires together to what I believe was the ground side and the pink wire to the hot side started it fan kicked on right away high idle I figure maybe I had two lines reversed took it apart Reese placed back to the other way now it won't start I'm going to try this weekend if I can't get it started anybody in Vegas want to take this off my hands I'm taking offers if I don't get it done by this weekend I'm done with this car interior is immaculate I have two tops extra radiator couple little parts box for other stuff I'm done I just can't deal with it anymore
pics!!

Quick Reply: 85 oweners help with vacuum routes