Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ostrich 2.0

Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 AM
ZEROVETTE7
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ostrich 2.0

Will the Ostrich 2.0 work with my 1991 base, Auto, For tuning? Does it need any additional parts?
appreciate the feedback if anyone has experience with it.

TIA
Old 05-12-2019, 06:42 AM
eutu1984
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I have used it on my 90, You need the memcal adapter that connects to the ribbon cable and I had to use the short ribbon cable to get it to work, also none of the bins I got off the internet would work with the ostrich, The only bin that would work with the ostrich is the bin from my original memcal
Old 05-12-2019, 06:58 AM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I have used the ostrich for over two years on my 89 and love it. I had the longer ribbon cable but it was causing problems. I went back to standard length cable included with the kit, and everything is back to normal and working great

Last edited by mlm0; 05-13-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:19 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Absolutely !!! TunerCat or TunerPro needed along with G1 adapter card. Get it with a 6" ribbon cable. Longer ribbon cables can cause issues.

Last edited by BlowerWorks; 05-12-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:54 PM
ZEROVETTE7
CF Senior Member

Thanks all for the feedback I appreciate it.
It can be connected all the time right?

Doesnít the ribbon and the connectors comes in the box as a package? From Moates?

TIA
Old 05-12-2019, 04:11 PM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

In all comes in the package. You have to leave it connected all the time unless you burn a chip once you make all the changes you want. I just leave mine connected because I am learning and making changes as I learn
Old 05-13-2019, 07:34 PM
eutu1984
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEROVETTE7 View Post
Thanks all for the feedback I appreciate it.
It can be connected all the time right?

Doesnít the ribbon and the connectors comes in the box as a package? From Moates?

TIA
The ribbon cable that comes with it is to long and may cause problems on your 91, you want to also order the short 6 inche cable
Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

To use the ostrich, you have to leave it connected ALL the time, because once you disconnect it, all the changes you made will go away. In simple terms, the ostrich takes the place of your mem cal in your computer ecu, which the car needs to operate. What you are really doing is piggy backing on your cars ome mem cal, by using a Moates g2 adapter.
I am using tuner pro rt with my ostrich. With the ostrich you can make changes as you are operating your car. This allows you to see how your car reacts to the changes real time. Once you are happy with your changes, you can drive your car with the ostrich plugged in, or you can save the changes to a tuner pro file and burn a chip to replace the ostrich in your ecu and plug it into your g2 adapter to replace the ostrich . I have been very basic with what you have to do, but there are a lot more things you can do with tuner pro. If you make changes, be sure you understand as best you can, what the changes will do or cause before you do them. The best thing is none of the changes are permanent. Just unplug the ostrich, the g2 adapter and re install your ome mem cal back in you ecu. Back to stock. There are people on this forum who know a lot more then I do about tuner pro or the ostrich, and Iím sure you will be able to get help. Be advise there is a learning curve to this process, so be prepared to spend some time on researching what you want to do. I have made changes to my fan temperature settings as to when I want them to come on and go off, idle rpm, egr delete, disabled vats, and tuned my air fuel settings at idle. I do not have a wide band 02 yet. Good luck

Mike

Last edited by mlm0; 05-13-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:30 PM
ZEROVETTE7
CF Senior Member

Thanks mlm0 very informative. I really appreciate all the info guys. Actually this time I wonít be doing the tune myself an expert will come with his laptop and softwares and I have to arrange for the hardwares and parts... Iíll be learning from him to do it myself in the future ...
so the shopping list is
-Ostrich 2.0
-6Ē ribbon (just Incase)
- G1 adapter card? (Is it required)
am I missing anything?

TIA
Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 PM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

I said G2, but you are correct, G1. Maybe buy some chips to burn your program to. If you buy chips then you need burner. I bought burn2. It works great, but there are other options on Moates web site

is your programmer going to use your ostrich to tune your car? Is so, I would burn his final tune to a chip as well as save on a file in whatever program you use. Better to be safe, especially if you are paying for the tune. Be sure to read support files on Moates site to make sure you get what you need and that it is Correct
Old 05-14-2019, 11:56 AM
ZEROVETTE7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mlm0 View Post
I said G2, but you are correct, G1. Maybe buy some chips to burn your program to. If you buy chips then you need burner. I bought burn2. It works great, but there are other options on Moates web site

is your programmer going to use your ostrich to tune your car? Is so, I would burn his final tune to a chip as well as save on a file in whatever program you use. Better to be safe, especially if you are paying for the tune. Be sure to read support files on Moates site to make sure you get what you need and that it is Correct
Yes he requested I buy the hardware (the Ostrich 2.0) and he will do the tuning/programming...

It will be a learning session for me as I never did a tune/program before. Thatís why Iím asking for the required parts (beside the Ostrich 2.0) I need to do it myself later in the future.

Updated shopping list:
-Ostrich 2.0
-6Ē ribbon
-Burn2
-GP1 kit (comes with GM adapter and 2 chips)

Old 05-14-2019, 12:38 PM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

Looks like you are ready to go. You just need to decide on your tuning software To buy or download

good luck and let us know how it went

Mike
Old 05-14-2019, 02:15 PM
ZEROVETTE7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mlm0 View Post
Looks like you are ready to go. You just need to decide on your tuning software To buy or download

good luck and let us know how it went

Mike
Sure thanks Mike, I guess Iíll go with tunerpro rt, but weíll see ...

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: