C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Crowder Custom Steering Wheel Hub Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:42 PM
Tinman28
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crowder Custom Steering Wheel Hub Issue

91 Base Corvette. Purchased a crowder custom hub for my MOMO Monte Carlo wheel. I知 not sure if I may have a bad hub or I知 doing something wrong. I put the hub on to steering shaft spline and tighten the nut to lock down hub. I put the wheel on and the hub is rubbing against the steering column plastic making it very difficult to turn the wheel. Is the hub suppose to be big enough to fit over the steering column?

Last edited by Tinman28; 05-16-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

I would recommend the NRG hub as it is designed to fit inside the plastic column housing.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Tinman28
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
I would recommend the NRG hub as it is designed to fit inside the plastic column housing.
I did some searching and found a answer.

The only other modification that I found to be necessary was removing the bulk of four small strengthening ribs in the plastic steering column shroud. These ribs are found inside the top of the shroud, and you can either grind them down with a rotary tool or cut them off with a sharp chisel. This will allow the skirt at the base of the 2401 adapter to rotate freely without rubbing on the inside of the shroud.

Get notified of new replies

To Crowder Custom Steering Wheel Hub Issue

Quick Reply: Crowder Custom Steering Wheel Hub Issue