C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Injector leaking at O ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM
cdm747
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
Default Fuel Injector leaking at O ring

I just installed a set of Bosch III injectors from FIC. Followed their directions. I tried to pressurize the fuel rail before reinstalling runners and plenum but it would only go up to about 12 pounds. I only reconnected the battery for the test. all other wiring was still loose (taped up alternator lead to keep from shorting). First any idea why pressure would not go higher and second what could be causing leak at #2. I will take the rail loose tomorrow and check the O ring to make sure it looks OK.
I did lightly oil them as per the directions and seated them in the manifold first. I did not use the clips in the rail as instructions from FIC say not to use them.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:45 PM
jv9999
Melting Slicks

Received 317 Likes on 271 Posts

Sometimes the two o-ring trick doesn't seal on the first try. I bet it will if you just reinstall it. In my experience, once they seal they stay that way. The 12lbs could be because of the leak.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:40 AM
cdm747
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by jv9999
Sometimes the two o-ring trick doesn't seal on the first try. I bet it will if you just reinstall it. In my experience, once they seal they stay that way. The 12lbs could be because of the leak.
It isn't leaking at the intake where the double O rings are, it is leaking at the top where it goes into the fuel rail. It was just a small leak it just did not seem like the pump cycled long enough. Not sure if this is because most of the wiring on the top of the engine is disconnected and moved out of the way. Is it possible this would affect the signal from the ECM to the pump to run. I did notice when I tried cycling the pump again with KOEO that my dash was acting weird.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Injector leaking at O ring

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector leaking at O ring