C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Line Positioning

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 PM
SnorT91Man
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel Line Positioning

Fellow Vetters:

On s ‘91 C4, which of the two fuel lines shown in the photo is the supply line. I’m replacing them with stainless, but there aren’t any part numbers on the new pieces to indicate is which is which. They’re identical to each other except for the “kick-outs” encircled.

As usual, thanks in advance for your help.

SnorT91Man

Last edited by SnorT91Man; 07-11-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

I'm quite sure ----The 'FEED' line will have an M16 Saginaw Male flare that threads into the filter. The 'RETURN' line at that same location I'm quite sure should have a 'female' fitting for the return from the engine.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by SnorT91Man

Fellow Vetters:

On s ‘91 C4, which of the two fuel lines shown in the photo is the supply line. I’m replacing them with stainless, but there aren’t any part numbers on the new pieces to indicate is which is which. They’re identical to each other except for the “kick-outs” encircled.

As usual, thanks in advance for your help.

SnorT91Man
Does someone make these in stainless for our cars?
same diameter or bigger ?
Old 07-12-2019, 12:38 AM
SnorT91Man
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reply

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Does someone make these in stainless for our cars?
same diameter or bigger ?
Yes, Classic Tube on the east coast, but be aware that both lines are comprised of a front and rear piece, so to get an entire feed and return line you need to buy the front and rear sets of both lines (their on-line catalog doesn't say this). Each set is 3/8" OD. FYI, they come doubled-over in the box, which means you'll have to straighten them by hand or with a tool to install. Like Edison and his light bulb, I discovered a lot of ways not to do this job correctly! The stainless sets are beautiful but costly (the lines in the photo are the originals, not the stainless ones). Classic also makes both sets out of steel, which is a less costly option. Hope this helps you.

SnorT91Man

Last edited by SnorT91Man; 07-12-2019 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Line Positioning

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Positioning