C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AIR Delete issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:17 AM
NPetts
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR Delete issue

I have an early 1986 with a L98 auto. I recently removed the AIR pump system from my vehicle. Now, it won't seem to hold a charge for more than a couple days. It is probably just a coincidence that this is occurring. That being said, I did notice that I removed two sensors when I pulled the AIR pump system.

Could these plugs being disconnected cause battery drain? They are not broken and are taped off and safely secured. If they are causing drain, would just plugging them in or soldering a resistor in solve it? I haven't used an ohmmeter yet, just looking for input from others whom may have had the same issue.

I appreciate any input!
Old 07-13-2019, 05:05 AM
GregMartin
Drifting

Received 283 Likes on 219 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by NPetts
I have an early 1986 with a L98 auto. I recently removed the AIR pump system from my vehicle. Now, it won't seem to hold a charge for more than a couple days. It is probably just a coincidence that this is occurring. That being said, I did notice that I removed two sensors when I pulled the AIR pump system.

Could these plugs being disconnected cause battery drain? They are not broken and are taped off and safely secured. If they are causing drain, would just plugging them in or soldering a resistor in solve it? I haven't used an ohmmeter yet, just looking for input from others whom may have had the same issue.

I appreciate any input!
I removed the AIR pump and associated components. I heatshrinked the connectors and I have not had any issues with draining the battery. Mine is an 84 but the AIR pump stuff should be more or less the same.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:00 AM
cdm747
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 237 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I removed my AIR and have had no issues. Removal has nothing to do with battery drain. Did you use an AIR delete bracket so that the belt was on the alternator properly.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:20 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Take the battery and alternator out to Autozone and have them do a check for you on the bench and charge up the battery if necessary. IDK how the Battery and the AIR system will have anything to do with each other at this juncture.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:35 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I agree on checking the battery life status.

There are now gauges (Amazon for $34) that can be used to quickly determine battery condition and more, w/o the need to bench charge it.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:21 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by 65Z01
I agree on checking the battery life status.

There are now gauges (Amazon for $34) that can be used to quickly determine battery condition and more, w/o the need to bench charge it.
Wouldn't you be better of with the battery at full strength before do do a draw test?

Get notified of new replies

To AIR Delete issue

Quick Reply: AIR Delete issue