C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Coupe headliner help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:54 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Coupe headliner help needed.

I have read here that the headliner is on styrofoam and is velcroed to the top. Is there a tool to get around the edge of the headliner to pull it free of the velcro? It seems to me if you use your fingers to work around the edge, you will dent the styrofoam.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:57 PM
MIKES84C4
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Coupe headliner help needed. (jfb)

I WAS ABLE TO GET MY HANDS IN. WHEN YOU WORK IT OFF, TRY TO BE CAREFUL. I ACTUALY BENT AND PUT SOME CREASES IN IT, BUT IT'S PRETTY TUFF, ONCE YOU GET IT OFF IT RETURNS TO SHAPE. ANY MINOR CREASES ARE COVERED WITH THE FOAM COVERED HEADLINER MATERIAL.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:49 AM
Fast_vette89
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Coupe headliner help needed. (MIKES84C4)

i'm looking for a coupe head liner for the glass tops. i hate having the hot sun cook me like an egg. I had a headliner made at a custom "car" shop. Not to good turn out. its made out of that water board shizit used for paneling...and lilttle bit of foam and then blk vinyl over it. and some snaps on the edges like a boat top. It works fine...except it dips...or "saggs" in the heat....hitting your head. any ideas guys to keep that panel in shape? Please help...lol.
thanks.
jason, 89 Coupe 13.6ET Auto

Get notified of new replies

To Coupe headliner help needed.

Quick Reply: Coupe headliner help needed.