C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help! Loud screeching when starting now locked out of vehicle!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Frankthetank29
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Loud screeching when starting now locked out of vehicle!

First time poster here. I just bought a 1989 C4 convertible and it had been running fine. On a few occasions it would have a loud whining noise when attempting to start. From there I’d simply take the key out, wait then try again and it’d start right up. I drove it last night without issue, then this morning when trying to start up the loud screeching returned and it hasn’t started or even turned over since. Then it gets WORSE from there… it seems something must be odd with the alarm (someone disabled the horn prior to me acquiring it). And after going down numerous online rabbit holes trying to solve, I decided to disconnect the battery. Now, after reconnecting the battery, the car will not unlock. AT ALL. Not with the key, not if I disconnect the battery again and try the key. Nothing…. Now not only does it not start, but I can’t even get in the darn thing. Any suggestions or anything that may help???

Quick Reply: Help! Loud screeching when starting now locked out of vehicle!