C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Issues after installation of new Slave Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 06:36 PM
Medic Andy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issues after installation of new Slave Cylinder

Issue resolved itself...... I started my car, after it was sitting for two hours, and the clicking sound is gone......

I just replaced my original slave cylinder since it was leaking the brake fluid as fast as I was refilling the reservoir......

It was not an easy task, since the American Racing headers I had installed are a lot larger in diameter then the stock headers were, but..... I was able to replace the slave cylinder.

I prefilled the SC before I connected it to the fluid supply line, and I then reinstalled the SC. I don't think that I did anything wrong with the new installation, and all bolts were tighten.

I then filled the reservoir, sat myself into the driver seat, pushed the clutch down, and it was firm on the first push.

But, after the second or third push of the clutch pedal, I noticed a mechanical clicking sound coming from under the car as soon as I engage the pedal. I can also feel the clicking in the pedal.

Does anybody ever have this issue after installing a new SC? Is there a possible problem with the cylinder, or did I possibly did something wrong during the installation?

I did noticed that the new SC is much thicker then the original one, and the metal puncher of the original factory part was smaller in diameter versus the newer SC plunger. Also, the original puncher had two metal retainers or clips installed, and the new replacement unit didn't.

The clutch works perfect (besides the mechanical clicking sound) and the new SC is not leaking.

Any thoughts of what I should do? I bought this new SC about two years ago, but didn't install it until today, so the warranty is history...... but, that is really not a big deal if I need to buy another one....

Thanks for any advice.....

Andy
Attached Files

Last edited by Medic Andy; 10-06-2022 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
Old 10-07-2022, 10:13 AM
2011KLR
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 110 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I'd get someone else to press the pedal while you go up underneath and watch what's happening.

sre
Old 10-07-2022, 10:22 AM
yakmastermax
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 281 Posts

The little click that you feel in pedal.and hear, where does it seem to be originating from? Inside or outside the cabin?

Get notified of new replies

To Issues after installation of new Slave Cylinder

Quick Reply: Issues after installation of new Slave Cylinder