C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

$EE, rpm thresholds vs actual max rpm - not the same

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 02:29 PM
jmgtp
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 171 Posts

Default $EE, rpm thresholds vs actual max rpm - not the same

Just got my 94 back together after wounding a rod bearing and decided that, one, I’m definitely going to be easier on it and, two, I’m going to limit the rpm via the pcm so it physically cannot rev higher than I want…. Going cautious with a stocking 5800 rpm. What I found was interesting though, because the table constants list a max rpm value for 1st gear and then gears 2-6 and both values were set to 6200 rpm in my tune, but my datalogs show that I had no problem hitting over 6400 rpm and it never encountered a fuel cut. Anyone else experience this? Is there somewhere else max rpm needs to be limited? Thinking there may be somewhere else because automatic cars don’t have gears 1-6 so where is the max rpm set for them?

I presume that there must be some math going on in the pcm to determine gear selection based on rpm/mph since there is no sensor in the zf6 for this… could non stick gear ratios be throwing this off? I have 4.11s.