C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'93 No clutch disengagement

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 08:32 PM
siryeetington
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '93 No clutch disengagement

Hey y'all, so my '93 6spd has developed a clutch problem. Today when i went to drive the car, turned the car on and went to put it into gear with clutch pedal depressed and car wouldnt go into gear, car would lurch forward with what little amount i could push the shifter into gear. I've checked my master cylinder level and it was fine although really really dirty and couldnt seem to find any wet spots externally on the master or slave. The clutch pedal feels pretty normal and I tried a gravity bleed to flush out the old dirty fluid with no change. The car went into gear and didn't really have any problems leading up to this to indicate anything so I'm kinda stumped. Any ideas on what it could be?
Old 05-18-2024, 09:15 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 460 Likes on 419 Posts

It's a very simple system in design and you already did the the things that should be done.
So since you don't have a loss of fluid and mess underneath, I would say your master is stroking though (internal leak fluid passes seals) and needs to be replaced.
As for the slave junk rolls down hill if master is worn I'm sure the slave is not far behind if it hasn't been replaced already.

Quick Reply: '93 No clutch disengagement