C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Nasty C4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done?

I dont want an Ed wright chip, too much $$ The DFi controls the engine so i dont need a tune. If Im correct i still need the chip programmed to eliminate the EGR code and reduce knock sensitivity (not really necessary but wud be nice). The EGR will be blocked off so i need need to stop the light from showing, or should i just cut the light out? as long as the ecm isnt affected. Does anyone know where i can get this done??
Old 02-12-2003, 10:17 PM
72tccracer
Racer

Default Re: Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done? (Nasty C4)

Does'nt the DFI control this or or you still running the stock ecm for this??
Is it Accel,Electromotive??

Chuck MacTrinder
#72 http://www.tccracing.com
Old 02-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Nasty C4
Intermediate

Default Re: Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done? (72tccracer)

It is accel. Im not too familiar with it to be honest. But im pretty sure the dfi is a piggy back system removing engine control from the ecm. If some advice i got is correct the codes will show but have no adverse affect. if this is true i will just remove the bulbs in the dash. what do you guys think? :cheers:
Old 02-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done? (Nasty C4)

i'm with you on that one....but in AZ at least, i hear they check for functionality of the check engine light to pass you, so a chip burn might not be a bad idea, and yes DFI is a piggyback system that (in my best guess) will control only air, spark, and fuel leaving all other controls to the stock ECM (unless the cooling temp sensors are included in that too)
if you find a good way to accomplish this let me know, i will be in the same boat when i get my Stealth Ram installed, so i might be learning how to burn chips pretty soon!!!! :cheers:
Old 02-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Nasty C4
Intermediate

Default Re: Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done? (85_togo)

im going to try and find out if all the sensors are taken care of by the stock ecm, i think they are. If thats true i may need the chip to be programmed to eliminate the egr and turn off the engine light when the ecm realizes it has no engine controls. Either way i dont want to spend $350 for ed wright burning. I was hoping somebody on here would know someone who can do it for cheaper. Or at least direct me in the right direction.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:06 AM
kittmaster
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You just want to eliminate the EGR alert?

Let me know

Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 AM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an easy fix, what year is your ECM?

Get notified of new replies

To Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done?

Quick Reply: Need a Chip Burned Only for EGR code removal... have DFI. where to get it done?