C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

JFZ Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:50 PM
TheCorvetteGuy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JFZ Brakes

Is any one familiar with JFZ brakes? The calipers are twin piston... The rotors are 13in with removable hats... Rotors are toast and I have no clue what I can replace them with. So I bought a stock set for the time being, but would like to go back. I have nothing to compare them to but they have unbelievable stopping power.

Any replies would be great.

Thanks Chris
Old 03-05-2003, 11:06 PM
h rocks
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: JFZ Brakes (TheCorvetteGuy)

JFZ, and Airehart were kind of forerunners to Wilwood and some other competition caliper manufacturers.

You need to check the thickness of the rotors used in the two piece application and make sure that the stock rotors you replaced them with are the same offset and thckness of the two piece units. Unless the two piece rotors were designed to mirror the stock offset, they are probably the wrong offset.
You can get new rotors to replace the ones that were part of you two-piece kit from Coleman Racing Products.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:12 PM
TheCorvetteGuy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JFZ Brakes (h rocks)

Thanks H rocks for the information... But just so you know I replaced the rotors, calipers and lines back to stock... so I have the JFZ calipers, junk rotors, and stainless lines sitting in the garage. I knew that the stock 12 inch rotors would not adapt.
But thanks again for the information!

Chris
:cheers:
Old 03-07-2003, 03:09 AM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: JFZ Brakes (h rocks)

JFZ, and Airehart were kind of forerunners to Wilwood and some other competition caliper manufacturers.

You need to check the thickness of the rotors used in the two piece application and make sure that the stock rotors you replaced them with are the same offset and thckness of the two piece units. Unless the two piece rotors were designed to mirror the stock offset, they are probably the wrong offset.
You can get new rotors to replace the ones that were part of you two-piece kit from Coleman Racing Products.
I have seen brake kits using the JFZ/Wilwood calipers, and they have to run a different rotor offset because the caliper is thicker on the outboard side, as the JFZ/Wilwood calipers are not sliders.

But H Rocks is right about Coleman. You can buy just about any diameter, and thickness, and bolt pattern, any vane density, rotor face thickness, etc, etc, from Coleman.

Get notified of new replies

To JFZ Brakes

Quick Reply: JFZ Brakes