C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 10:08 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition

My '96 has developed a strange "feature" over the last week or so. It sometimes doesn't realize the door has been opened after turning the car off and removing the engine. The radio will stay on sometimes, and you can roll the windows up and down. Tonight it was kinda half-cycling the door locks. Hasn't done this before in the 6 or so months I've owned it. I have noticed on one or two occasions when I thought PKE was on (or off) it turned out to be off (or on). Battery in the transmitter is new.
One other strange thing, which is probably unrelated, is that the F-45 "Service Ride Control" light will occasionally come on for a few seconds, then off, then back on, then off again after ~20 minutes of driving. This seems to be regardless of driving conditions, speed, roughness of road, etc. Has done this three times in the last week or two. Seems to have started around the same time as the door problem.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-18-2003, 02:01 AM
95sport
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition (no_radio)

My '93 had a similar problem minus the DIC light. My interior light, radio auto-shut off and alarm was malfunctioning. It was the pin switches in the doors, both of them! Both went bad at the same time. They are the small circular button style switches in the doors and compress as the door is closed. If I remember correctly they were only about $7-10 bucks a piece. Hope it is something this simple. Don't really know how this would affect the F45 light though. Maybe a coincidence. When my SRC light came on like that it was a broken FX3 actuator. Good luck. Chris :cheers:
Old 04-18-2003, 01:29 PM
NE14SIN
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition (95sport)

:withstupid: It's the switch. Someone once posted the best way to replace the relay without having to open up the door. If you find it, repost it on here for everyone to see.

Get notified of new replies

To '96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition

Quick Reply: '96 having trouble recognizing when doors are opened after turning off ignition