C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Best Aftermarket Radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Best Aftermarket Radiator? (Tom DeWitt)

Well I dont' want to give you any false hopes, I'm way too broke to buy anything right now. I don't know when I'll ever be able to afford some of the things I've been asking about lately. Right now I'm more or less just dreaming, trying to figure out what I want to do with the car and how much different things are gonna cost. Then I'll decide what mods take priority, etc.

I do like what I see though. When I do get ready to buy I'll certainly be contacting you. :cheers:
Old 09-04-2003, 08:14 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: Best Aftermarket Radiator?

Not wanting to state the obvious, but those with ZF6 speeds can install the Automatic radiator and have an oil cooler in the car. Just need to plumb it into the system.

You'll need a sandwich adapter (Canton makes them I know, for the L98 crowd you'll need a new one as the stock one is a water/oil system with the H2O pumped through the adapter) and run lines to the radiator.

The automatic crowd has a bigger problem. You really don't have a lot of space in the tanks to put 2 different coolers in it. You'll have to add an oil cooler in front of the radiator, but there is space to do so.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:12 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Re: Best Aftermarket Radiator? (Joe90)

Not wanting to state the obvious, but those with ZF6 speeds can install the Automatic radiator and have an oil cooler in the car. Just need to plumb it into the system.

Excellent point!!! Sometimes you do have to state the obvious.

As promised, here are the photos and they are now listed on the website too.
I admit, they look funny. The (A90*) has little "leg's" on the top an bottom. This is so you don't have to cut out any rubber. The thicker core would not fit into the stock rubber. No mods at all.

The A84* is a real trick. We had to mount the upper tank and filler neck right to the top so the filler neck stuck out of the plastic case. The legs on the bottom fit right in but the two top rubber insulators do have to be trimmed, for now.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Radiator?