C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:49 AM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common?

well, on my car they all have in common that they are not working since i put it back together. i wonder if they all have common ground or something that i forgot to hook up? they all worked before taking the engine etc apart. everything else seems to be working fine.
anybody got any ideas?
i guess i just need to start poking my voltmeter in all over the place?
any help or suggestions would be great!
TIA!
:cheers:
Old 10-31-2003, 09:18 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common? (SonnyinVA)

They all require "ign on" to function. Is there another fuse block or power distribution block that powers fuses that require "ign on" to get power ?
Just a thought :cheers:
Old 10-31-2003, 04:30 PM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Default Re: what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common? (AGENT 86)

anybody else got any ideas?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:12 PM
Steve85
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common? (SonnyinVA)

Possible causes after recent engine job, without getting into wiring schematics.

Make sure all connections are plugged into the wiper motor, I seem to remember there were three and one of them likes to drop out of view and you can't easily see the cavity where it belongs.

Possible that with the shifting of the engine/trans the reverse switch wiring was damaged

Cruise control, check your vacuum routing. It's possible to route some lines in such a way that the vacuum signal is blocked or even piched off.

Just throwin out some ideas, these are the little things that take more time than the basic engine R&R. Good luck with this and your setup, sounds good.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:24 PM
dmorris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the cruise and back up lights, but there is a ground wire that bolts to the rear of the engine that will knock out your wipers. It may affect the others too, but on mine, the wipers is what tipped me off. Check on the driver's side on one of the trans to engine bolts.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:26 PM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Default Re: what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common? (dmorris)

i'll check for that third plug, cuz i only remember seeing 2...
i'll also check for that other ground wire, i think i got them all but we'll see.

i'll also check the vacuum and backup switches, but the wipers are my first priority, cuz i might need them when we go on the biltmore cruise next weekend.
thanks for the input...
sonny

Get notified of new replies

To what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common?

Quick Reply: what do the cruise control, the wipers, and the back-up lights have in common?