C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body....

Mine were stripped.......took them out to replace them and got the wrong size.....one is stuck in the tb now. :rant:
Old 12-20-2003, 11:23 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body.... (Wheelman)

doh' I was thinking of something else

TTT

[Modified by CentralCoaster, 8:24 PM 12/20/2003]
Old 12-21-2003, 12:31 AM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body.... (CentralCoaster)

I never was able to find out what size they are. When I bought a new TPS it came with new screws so the size became a non-issue.

I do know that if I ever need to replace them, I plan to tap the TB holes with a standard diameter and thread, something like 1/4" 20, and never have to worry about it again.

Jake
Old 12-21-2003, 01:46 AM
Teresa's86
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body.... (JAKE)

Im almost positive the screws are a 6.4MM size...I bought some screws that were a perfect fit but have since lost the small plastic bag that had the exact size on there.SHoot,now im wondering if theyre 4.6mm!!! Arrgh..I cant remember...sorry,but it was one of those...But anyways,I found the screws at Lowes...I took the TB there and tried the metric screws and found the size that fit.I got them in button head style.
(ps,not all Lowes will carry these screws...my local one now doesnt,Ihad to get these screws in another store)

I had also stripped and broken off a TPS screw and I ended up buying a used stock TB because it wopuld not coem out of my stocker..It welded itself in there....With The new TPS and bolts,I CAKED on antiseize on the new TPS bolt threads so they wont ever seize again.Why GM didnt use some anti seize thing,theyre cheap ****.
Good Luck with it!!
:)

PS: This was Bill's86Coupe replying under my wife's account.

[Modified by Teresa's86, 12:47 AM 12/21/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body....

Quick Reply: Who knows the size of the screws that hold the tps to the throttle body....