C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Rob 93ZR-1
Race Director

Location: Fear causes hesitaiton...and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. Houston TX
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines?

Title says it all. If there is a difference, which is better? :seeya
Old 01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Rob 93ZR-1
Race Director

Location: Fear causes hesitaiton...and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. Houston TX
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines? (Rob 91Z07)

Nobody knows? :confused:
Old 01-19-2004, 09:23 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Re: Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines? (Rob 91Z07)

Rob- Don't have an answer on the Goodridge lines, but I' running Russell lines on my 92 vert and Earl's on my 87 coupe. The Earl's appear to be beefier and a little more well made than the Russell lines and they even seem to have a little extra length to them. There is just enough looseness to the Earl's lines when the car is off the ground and the suspension is unsupported. But I can't say if this is just teh difference between the manufacturers lines or the year of the cars.

I have read some good things about the Goodridge lines but they were C5 applications. HTH

Hope your're enjoying Texas!! We finally got the snow to melt away here in Olympia. :cheers:
Old 01-20-2004, 03:17 PM
grapeknutz
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Make sure that the lines are DOT approved!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the earls on my 93 and they work just fine, the brakes are rock solid with my gs calipers and eradi rotors
Old 01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Half Fast
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got Goodridge lines on the vette and am happy wih them. Also, just got a Baer GT+ brake kit for the Z28 and it came with Goodridge brake hoses FWIW.

Get notified of new replies

To Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines?

Quick Reply: Any difference between Earl's and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines?