C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Roller rockers are to big my covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 09:09 AM
dave_85
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Roller rockers are to big for my covers

I just put some Pro Topline Iron heads on my 85. I used Scorpion roller
rockers to clear the big springs. They are to long and hit the side of the valve cover near the push rods. :banghead: I have some aftermarket aluminum covers that fit, but I donÂ’t like the looks. The heads will also take the center mount valve covers.
Are the L98 center mount valve covers any wider than the perimeter mount
valve covers.

[Modified by dave_85, 2:09 PM 5/5/2004]
Old 05-05-2004, 11:49 AM
86Moon
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roller rockers are to big for my covers (dave_85)

Lots of folks are able to clearance these things with a dremmel, I did. But I'm not sure on your particular application. I looked through my photo's but couldn't find anything to post that I thought would be helpful to ya. Good luck :cheers:
Old 05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Are you saying that they hit the actual sides of the covers and not the tops like most rocker problems? I've never seen anyone use the scorpion rockers on a perimeter cover so I can't really help you out too much.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
dave_85
Pro

Default Re: Roller rockers are to big for my covers (86Moon)

When you say clearance do you mean cutting the drip tabs off and narrowing the breather. I did those. My problem is the side of the cover on the intake side. The cover is to narrow to clear the length of the runner.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
95AquaC4
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (scorp508)

Are you saying that they hit the actual sides of the covers and not the tops like most rocker problems? I've never seen anyone use the scorpion rockers on a perimeter cover so I can't really help you out too much.
My first thought would have been the drip ledge...but if it's hitting the sides... :confused:
Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if you'll like the look, but here's what I've got. I've got Scorpion rockers like you, they look like this

As you can tell they are huge. They probably wouldn't ever clear a set of stock 92 covers.

You can use a set of LT1 Z-28 valve covers. I think they look pretty nice, understated is good.

These pics aren't of my car but they are the same valvecovers. I actually had mine powder coated glossy black. I think they look really good when I can take the time to keep the dust off of them.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Roller rockers are to big for my covers (Nathan Plemons)

You can use a set of LT1 Z-28 valve covers. I think they look pretty nice, understated is good.
He has perimeter bolt cylinder heads though. Does anyonne know of some sort of perimeter to center bolt conversion bracket?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:27 PM
dave_85
Pro

Default Re: Roller rockers are to big for my covers (scorp508)

So the stock Corvette LT1 valve covers don't fit them either? Your rockers look like they are not centered on the valve or is it just the picture.

The heads will take either perimeter or center bolt valve covers without adapters so I have some flexibility.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So the stock Corvette LT1 valve covers don't fit them either? Your rockers look like they are not centered on the valve or is it just the picture.

The heads will take either perimeter or center bolt valve covers without adapters so I have some flexibility.
The stock LT1 valve covers for 92 are different from the 93+ ones. The 96's didn't have the drip tabs so they should fit with no modifications.

The rockers may look a little funny, but I think it's an optical illusion because of the shear size of the rockers and the springs. I've been running with these just fine for a lot of miles now so I guess they're alright.

Get notified of new replies

To Roller rockers are to big my covers

Quick Reply: Roller rockers are to big my covers