C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:23 AM
HJV11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1.......

And cut the fuel/spark tables in half? I know you would lose resolution but would allow you to tune for boost. I have heard there are guys running them without problems, but have also have heard there are startup references that may be affected. Anyone here running one or have good info on how it is working out?

RJ
Old 05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
HJV11
Racer

Default Re: Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1....... (HJV11)

Ok, well then I will post my results. I am currently running an open loop speed density program on a F/I (Single Turbo) 383. I now have a 2 bar MAP from a Grand National and will start working the program tonight or tomorrow.

RJ
Old 05-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1....... (HJV11)

HJV,

I've thought about it many times but have never gotten around to it... I'm running a 2 bar that controls my feul pump under boost.. so I'm running a 1 ba for the normal driving and when I hit boot once I go past 100 kpa the 2 bar increases my auxilary fuel pump and a solinoid to boost the fuel pressure...

I know what you are getting at ... but as i said I haven't gotten around to it..

best regards,

mo
Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 PM
DOCTOR J
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1....... (Mo_Bandy)

You guys must be pretty good with assembly language . I've never even seen a DA2 or DA3 commented hack, let alone a
program re-write. I did hear of one fellow who has done this project (Ken Canata), but he never released the code. FWIW:

Somewhere near the beginning of program initialization there should be a routine where the ECM takes a baro reading before
start-up. That forms the basis for all the MAP A/D values (used in ALL the VE & Fuel loops). I think you will need to correct
the D reading for the multi-bar sensor; then check every place where that term appears in the program to verify the code will
work correctly with the new MAP value (both as a reading and as a delta pressure calculation). MAP appears at least several
dozen times in the PIDs for fuel & spark. There may also be a baro-update routine that runs in the ECM periodically - I've
never dug into that part of the program enough to verify this. You'll need to correct the baro-test flag too, for the new sensor.

Some minor guidance on splitting the MAP reading appears here:
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/show...hreadid=240596

Some thoughts on handling the larger calibration tables is here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=547494

When you get to the part where you expand the tables, let me know if the old interpolation sub-routine still works with
the larger tables. It's one of the variables I still need to figure out for a re-work of the 8D code.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1.......

Quick Reply: Any one using a 2/3 bar map on an LT1.......