C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 08:25 AM
TheStef
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance

Hi guys,

Last Friday I installed an air pump replacement bracket from Dragon's breath performance.

It took a few weeks to arrive (the owner or guy was on holidays) and I'm in Canada, but it was worth the wait. The bracket looks 5 times stronger then the one sold at breathless performance.

Here's their web site link.
I recommend their product to any one doing the mod.
https://home.comcast.net/~dragonbreathe/new_page_12.htm

For some reason the link doesn't work, but you can still copy and past it

[Modified by TheStef, 7:31 AM 7/3/2004]
Old 07-03-2004, 01:04 PM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (TheStef)

Doesn't work... but interested...
Old 07-03-2004, 02:27 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (vinnies87)

here's the link.
http://home.comcast.net/~dragonbreathe/new_page_12.htm

do you have any pics of the installed part.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Davemc1963-87conv
Racer

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (TheStef)

Looks good, and not a bad price. The link says the pulley is larger than the air pump one and the position in relation to the original air pump is lower to enable the use of the original length belt. Is this so?
Also, the pulley looks like plastic on the web site with the ribs, the picture definition is poor?? Is it plastic or steel? Thanks for any info.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:10 AM
codyusa
Le Mans Master

CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

I am totally happy with the bracket from Breathless Performance. It is chrome plated ( or polished, not quite sure) and the quality is A-1. I didn't do a tensile test on it, but it works for me!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:31 AM
87vette
Safety Car

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (codyusa)

I got one myself from Dragons Breath Performance and am really happy with it. I got the billet aluminum pulley if thats what you were referring to.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Davemc1963-87conv
Racer

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (87vette)

Thanks 87vette, yes, I hadn't realised there was a billet pulley option. I may look into one of these for my 87 vert. It looks more pleasing to 'my' eyes than the "Breathless" one, but I'm sure both function as intended.
Was the billet pulley an expensive option? any problem with the original belt length?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Tourney3p0
Pro

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (chriswtx)

do you have any pics of the installed part.
I'll try to get a picture of mine tomorrow.

The entire setup is great, and the owner of Dragon's Breath is an awesome guy.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:18 AM
TheStef
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (Tourney3p0)

I wish I had a digital camera, the bracket sure looks nice and YES you keep the original belt and it fits nice and snug (like its supposed to).
You have to pull over the Alternator by maybe 1 or 2 inches to install the bracket, its easily pushed over by hand.

Its a simple bolt on, nothing complicated. Plenty of people on the forum have done it.

I did this mod because my air pump was making way to much noise and I'd figure I might as well just eliminate it.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:43 AM
TheStef
Burning Brakes

By the way, I got the Satin finish bracket and it comes with a plastic pulley.
The bracket and pulley are very strong and are made of quality parts, I was actually surprise how nice the peace looked.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 AM
87vette
Safety Car

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (Davemc1963-87conv)

Thanks 87vette, yes, I hadn't realised there was a billet pulley option. I may look into one of these for my 87 vert. It looks more pleasing to 'my' eyes than the "Breathless" one, but I'm sure both function as intended.
Was the billet pulley an expensive option? any problem with the original belt length?
If I remember correctly I think the billet pulley option was 65 dollars and yes u can can keep the original belt.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Davemc1963-87conv
Racer

Default Re: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance (87vette)

Thanks for the clarification guys, Some installed photies would be nice if anyone has any.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance

Quick Reply: Installed an air pump replacement braket from Dragon breath performance