C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Slow transmission leak...I think its the Torque converter seal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 08:34 AM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Default Slow transmission leak...I think its the Torque converter seal???

I've developed a very slow leak in the transmission and I have a sneaking suspicion that its the TC seal (I replaced the TC earlier this year when I had the engine out).

The leak takes about 6-8 hours to hit the ground after running the car and the amount of the leak is about the size of tennis ball. Before I start making arrangments to drop the transmission I just wanted some verification to see if in fact its the TC seal. The cooling lines and pan gasket are fine. I put in some Lucas transmission conditioner (they say it softens the seals) but I still have the leak. Any thoughts guys??? Thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Pull down the torque convertor cover and look inside the bellhousing. If it is wet inside you likely have a front seal leak. When trans is out check pump area. I have seen it leak there also. This is rare but check it when it is out.

Quick Reply: Slow transmission leak...I think its the Torque converter seal???