C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Tuned Port Injection

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:51 PM
bruced267
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Computer guys I need your HELP!?!

Can any help tune this egine in? I just installed a 1985 manifold on my 1981. I converted it to speed density, insalled bosch(ford)injectors. I got it running no problem, but I need help with the items i can set!

TPS voltage
Fuel Pressure
Base timing
Any thing else
What is block learn?
Why does it have to be driven to learn? (no alignment yet, is this my problem?)

The engine is basicly stock 30 over, edelbrock alum. heads, small cam for a tpi engine, no emissions, dual exh.

What would cause the idle to float up and down?

Any help would be great cause its ready to drive!!!!!!!

Last edited by bruced267; 08-11-2004 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Heading
Old 08-11-2004, 09:07 PM
redfast
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too sure on what you mean to block learn? This may be confused with your computer needing to learn? But the computer usually takes care of itsels quick. You would benifit with a custom chip for your car. You can adjust your fuell press. with a adjustable regulator. Get yourself a fuell pressure guage and adjest it to your liking. Mid 40s is good for a press.
TPIS sensor can be adjusted if you have an adjustable type of one( like too alluminum screws) the directions for this is in the tech tips section. The idle problem is the IAC, idle air controler wich is below the throttle body you may need a new one but you probelly just need to adjust it. And the way to do this is also explained in the tech tips section of this forum. Hope I helped ya out.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Mangus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two answer your latter questions, Block Learn Memory (BLM) is a set of memory cells your ECM uses to trim fuel based on O2 readings within certain RPM and Load (LV8/MAP) "chunks".

Yes, the car typically needs to be driven to learn, and you should drive it lightly and aggressively, such that the engine runs long enough in all cells giving it time to learn. Some ECMs require a "re-learn" after powerdown (meaning they start fresh everytime you start the car).
Old 08-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Fozzy_Bear
Waka, Waka, Waka!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-6-8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by bruced267
Can any help tune this egine in? I just installed a 1985 manifold on my 1981. I converted it to speed density, insalled bosch(ford)injectors. I got it running no problem, but I need help with the items i can set!

TPS voltage
Fuel Pressure
Base timing
Any thing else
What is block learn?
Why does it have to be driven to learn? (no alignment yet, is this my problem?)

The engine is basicly stock 30 over, edelbrock alum. heads, small cam for a tpi engine, no emissions, dual exh.

What would cause the idle to float up and down?

Any help would be great cause its ready to drive!!!!!!!

The idle floating up and down can be caused by a misadjusted TPS. The computer thinks you have your foot on the gas whe you do not. OR it COULD be a good, old-fashoned vacume leak. Lets hope its the sensor.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuned Port Injection

Quick Reply: Tuned Port Injection