C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Erratic Power Door Lock Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 12:13 AM
vanduker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 96 has developed an interesting problem. Some times when driving, the door locks will unlock when the car hits a bump. Not every bump and not all the time. I can reproduce this by smacking the drivers door panel right by the power door lock switch and the behavior disappears if I unplug the power door lock switch.

I'd checked the "door closed" switches and they both seem to be fine. I'd figure if they were misbehaving I would see the interior lights come on.

So my question is if anyone else has seen this? I've ordered a replacement switch, but I can't be sure that will cure it.

Mark
Old 08-04-2001, 03:51 PM
vanduker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (vanduker)

Thought I'd follow up on this one. As I'd posted before I've only owned the car a couple of weeks and had a difficult time reproducing the problem "on command". As luck would have it, I managed to reproduce it and maaged to trace the problem to a misadjusted "door closed" sensor. Works just great now and for once the fix was free.

Quick Reply: Erratic Power Door Lock Behavior