C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

speedo gear??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 02:43 PM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are they located and how do in change them,,, i have read that they are located at the tailshaft of the six speed trans.. what exact part do i need to complete this and where do i get them????

I will be going from the stock to 4.10's

Old 08-03-2001, 06:15 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Re: (Ruby6spd)

Ruby6spd,

Contact Jeff Koop (18carfan) at Superior Chevrolet. He sold me the speedo gears and sensor to make mine work correctly. This was on a 93 conv. with an auto trans. Jeff figured out what gears and sensor I needed to make it work. Also vettenuts has a speedo gear list on his web page. Since you dont have a conv. with the cross brace, and if you dont have to change the drive gear, it probably will not be a big deal to change after the car is put back together. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2001, 11:56 AM
Arisa
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: (Ruby6spd)

I got mine from LPE ($141 smackers at my door). God help me if I could have gotten them cheaper! The speedo sensor is located on the tailshaft of the tranny just below the shifter drivers side. There is one bolt holding the unit in place. Don't be under it when you pull the sensor out. I got a nice lube bath because I was. You will have to pull the exhaust & the drive shaft to get the tailshaft off the tranny. Make sure you put something under the tranny before pulling the "bridge" from the tranny to the diff. (I can't remember what that silly thing is called right now!) The other gear just slides off the back of the tranny output shaft after the tail shaft is removed. If you need more info or details e-mail me & I help ya out. I just did mine so it is fresh in my head. I really hope you can find a set of speedo gears cheaper !!!!!!!!!

Neal

Get notified of new replies

To speedo gear??

Quick Reply: speedo gear??