C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What should I do to wake this vette back up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 12:34 AM
notbob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All,

I'm picking up my first 'Vette tommorrow from a private seller.

1988 Corvette Coupe

It's been sitting mostly for the past 2 years, initial drive home for this baby is about 230mi total, it's a good 50mi till I can even get it to a hardware store or anything of the sort.

Any recommendations on things I should do right away? Obviously I have 0 intention of driving it hard while getting it home, I plan to give it an easy time.

But what are some simple things or necessary things I need to go through to make sure I bring it back to good shape properly? This car will be a daily driver as soon as I sell my 2000 Cougar.

Thanks for your help guys and I'm sure I'll be posting a lot in the future here, **** on ford I'm sick of their crap
Old 07-19-2001, 12:43 AM
91Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd make sure the oil, transmission fluid (if it's an auto), power steering fluid, coolant, brake fluid, belts, air filter, etc. were all in good order.

It might not be a bad idea to have some water or antifreeze handy, as well as an extra quart of oil.

Other than taking it easy and a good inspection, you should be good to go.

Best of luck.

Old 07-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Jay Axson
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did it work out? I hope it made it home and you got a car you are happy with.

Jay
92 LT1

Get notified of new replies

To What should I do to wake this vette back up?

Quick Reply: What should I do to wake this vette back up?