C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Front lic. plate law.

Old 07-20-2001, 12:28 AM
McShagger
CF Senior Member

I know no Corvette owner wants to put on the front lic. plate, but if its the law, we are going to do it right? So I took a look around the front of the car to see if it could be mounted beneath the nose of the car. And gues what I found. I found the mounts for fog lights. I dont plan to ever put fog lights on my vet, so I was wondering if a mount that would latch on to the fog light mount could be made for the license plate. Now I dont really have the enginuity to build anything like this, but I think a lot of us would buy it if it had a reasonable price. What do you think? Would it work?
Old 07-20-2001, 12:34 AM
Nathan Plemons
CF Senior Member

Fog light mounts? The fog lights are integrated into the housing with the turn signals. Anything you are finding seems like it would be aftermarket. At least by looking at my car that's what I gather. What year is your car?

The only problem I see with anything like that is if you come off of or go onto a section of pavement that is taller you might snag the plate. Places where you could normally clear just fine would probably catch if you make anything stick down any closer to the front.

Just some thoughts. If you could make it work I'm sure you would get customers. It just hurts when I have to see a Vette with a front plate.

Old 07-20-2001, 01:35 AM
drive it
CF Senior Member

You have to take the front middle piece off-it will come off; the top gap-look inside there and you'll see two screws. Then it "levers" out from two tabs at the bottom. But unless you drive in the LA areas that are using photo radar at the stoplights I wouldn't sweat it; They're the only ones hot to scratch you for no front plate. Also I've found Redlands PD to be decent folk.(The only time I've scratched anyone for it was when that was my PC for the stop and I end up with a good felony bust.) ......

Old 07-20-2001, 04:19 AM
Husker Vette
CF Senior Member

If you look closely at my signature under my front bumper you will see something that is white. That is my front license plate.

It is attached to the front air dam / spoiler. I have not had any problems with is snagging on anything that the air dam wouldn't normally snag on.

To each their own, and whereever they decide to put the plate is up to them. This is just a suggestion that works for me in Nebraska.

Old 07-20-2001, 04:27 AM
GUMPA
CF Senior Member

I'll just maintain leaving mine "OFF" , I've got ECM hideing under the "Cover".....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front lic. plate law.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: