C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replacement Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 06:13 PM
Tom Mieczkowski
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to replace my battery. I still have the original in the car (1996 Collector Edition LT4). Any suggestions or experience on the right battery, right fit, etc.?

Any special tips on the removal and installation process?

Any suggestions or observations would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2001, 06:45 PM
Fang S-289
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have derived excellent service from my AcDelco Professional battery. Model 75-6YR fits perfectly.

To replace the battery-Disconnect the neg. terminal, Remove the 3 bolts along the rear edge of the left front wheel well, Remove the bolt at the upper rear corner of the fender panel, remove the bolt at the lower rear corner of the fender panel, Remove the panel & the battery. Only takes a few minutes. Reverse steps to install. Make sure that the fender panel is correctly aligned with the door. If the door rubs the panel, realign it and retighten the bolts.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-22-2001, 09:10 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Batteries, batteries, batteries!
i have had the best luck with Optima, and would therefore recommend NOTHING else. Optima part number 75/35-925, model 8022-091 is the perfect fit for my '85
why do i love optime....because they are SEALED gel cell batteries that never leak, NEVER EVER CORRODE and we all know that is a problem! and not to mention, the one i have in myu full size chevy truck is 5+ years old serving that full sentence in the hot arizona desert!
trust me when i tell you you won't be sorry you bought an Optima!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement Battery

Quick Reply: Replacement Battery