C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hesitation @ WOT ??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 01:04 PM
Derf
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Having a hesitation when I hit WOT from standstill? She takes off ok, then hesitates then takes off. She’s an 86 vert, auto trans, stock except for flowmasters. New MAF, plugs (rapidfire), distributor cap, rotor, air cleaner, fuel filter, power relay and burnoff relay. Running great except for the hesitation. Any ideas??? Thanks
Old 07-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Redmenace
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There probably could be several different things that cause this but I had a similar problem and it was caused by excessive knock retard. I was getting the knock retard because I had improperly set the initial timing without disconnecting the distributor advance bypass wire. An Autoxray is a nice tool for diagnosing these types of driveability problems.

Old 07-21-2001, 04:09 PM
85WHITEZ51
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

My 85 does the same thing. Mine feels like it is having a hard time getting the fuel from the tank to the onjectors so I am replacing the fuel pump this weekend. I will try and let you know if that cures the problem. I say try because I don't know exactaly when I will attemp this. Alread have the part, just dreading the procedure.

P.S. my 85 has 155K miles on it so a new pump would be a good idea anyway
Old 07-21-2001, 07:27 PM
85WHITEZ51
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

As I said, I will let you know what happened. Basically NO MORE HESITATION finally. As you can see of the time between the two post it was a very easy job to do. I actually changed my 02 sensor at the same time also. That could have made a difference also due to the fact that when it came out with 155K miles on it it was looking like a piece of chalk. Hope this helps you out a little bit.

By the way, a new pump and sock cost me $80 for a direct AC delco replacement and took about 1 hour to change. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Hesitation @ WOT ??????

Quick Reply: Hesitation @ WOT ??????